Buy vs. Lease
Leasing vs. Buying Your Vehicle
Leasing is a fast and easy way to get a car with little or no down payment. Monthly lease payments usually are less than loan payments for a new car. Because of these benefits, leasing is great if you use your car for business, need a car for a limited period of time, trade in your cars at regular intervals, want to know your monthly costs in advance, or want to invest your cash in different activities. However, leasing has its share of limitations and disadvantages. Use the lists below to help choose what's best for you.
If you can answer yes to the majority of these statements, leasing from Toyota of Seattle might be the best option for you:
- I typically drive less than 15,000 miles a year.
- I don't usually get emotionally attached to my car.
- I've got to have that (real) new-car smell.
- I like the security of driving a car under warranty.
- I usually choose a car that I can't afford.
- I am willing to trade ownership for low, monthly payments.
If the following statements sound more like you, buying a vehicle from Toyota of Seattle might better suit your needs. Our financing experts can help!
- I always drive over 15,000 miles a year.
- I like to customize my car by tinting windows, adding pinstripes, installing a sound system, etc.
- I usually get emotionally attached to my car.
- I love to see those payments dwindle to nothing.
- My current car is more than four years old.
- I like to do my own repair work.
When deciding whether to buy or lease, it is important to know your options. Think about factors such as average yearly mileage, length of ownership, and resale value. Contact us today at Toyota of Seattle to discuss your choices with a finance expert and learn about the latest rates.